Does anyone want some Lamen Noodles?

I'm about to have dinner,it's 9 pm in Brazil and I'm home alone...well,not totally:I have some lamen noodles with me and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to turn them into something good.Thanks!

asked by mensaque almost 3 years ago

Am I correct in guessing that you're referring to what we in the Northern Hemisphere, where we're like it or not getting ready to experience winter once again, call ramen? If you can get your hands on the first issue of the amazingly wonderful new magazine Lucky Peach, it's all about ramen. Alternatively, this creation by thirschfeld is both beautiful and delicious: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
Also, enter ramen in the search field here and see the interesting ideas that come up. If your question in fact had nothing whatsoever to do with ramen, never mind, and I apologize for my ignorance.

Me

@boulangere: Lucky Peach? Where do I find it?

08270410avatar_messbrasil

Yes,boulangere...I think I mean ramen...As I wrote a few hours ago on another foodpickle,English is not my first language and language barriers sometimes charge their tools.No,their tolls!I thought "ramen" was the equivalent for "I taw a putty cat"or something cause down here they really are called Làmen.Anyway,I'll try your suggestion,and thanks for it...I was begining to think my dinner would become a midnight snack,ahahah!

mensaque, trust me: your English is vastly better then my Portuguese. Your posts and questions are always so interesting. Enjoy your dinner!

wssmom, you can go here: http://www.mcsweeneys.net... and subscribe. I found the first one at Barnes & Noble, but I came home the day I found it and subscribed on-line. It's the most brilliant food periodical ever. Thank heaven it's a quarterly because I'm still reading my way through it.

Mensaque, did you put together a good lamen dinner?

08270410avatar_messbrasil

Hey,boulangere.Yes,thanks for asking.I tryed "Five Buck Fideua" by pierino.It was a sad thing that I had no clams but even so,it was great!

You can't go wrong with anything by pierino.