A question about a recipe: Crunchy Coconut Corn Fritters

Corn_fritters_pic1

I have a question about the ingredient "¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced" on the recipe "Crunchy Coconut Corn Fritters" from aliyaleekong. Is it possible to replace the scallions with onion powder- i really want to make these for my family but they wont touch anything that has an actual onion/scallion in it. suggestions?

asked by Andiy Baker almost 3 years ago
Me

I wouldn't replace it with onion powder. If no one in the family will eat onions - just leave them out

But they love the flavor of the onions- normally i cook with them and then just pick them out of the food i serve them. But I will try without for the first batch. maybe add some ginger instead.

Me

Ginger would be an interesting addition .Def add a sprinkle or two of onion powder if they like the flavor. BTW if they love the flavor of onions, I am sure you have tried mincing them into really teeeny teeeny bits? And they were still able to discern them?

I vote for the "teeny teeny bits" option. By the time they're cooked, they'll be virtually invisible, but the flavor will be there. Just tell them they're bits of ginger.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet