🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Crunchy Coconut Corn Fritters

Corn_fritters_pic1

I have a question about the ingredient "¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced" on the recipe "Crunchy Coconut Corn Fritters" from aliyaleekong. Is it possible to replace the scallions with onion powder- i really want to make these for my family but they wont touch anything that has an actual onion/scallion in it. suggestions?

asked by Andiy Baker over 3 years ago
Me

I wouldn't replace it with onion powder. If no one in the family will eat onions - just leave them out

But they love the flavor of the onions- normally i cook with them and then just pick them out of the food i serve them. But I will try without for the first batch. maybe add some ginger instead.

Me

Ginger would be an interesting addition .Def add a sprinkle or two of onion powder if they like the flavor. BTW if they love the flavor of onions, I am sure you have tried mincing them into really teeeny teeeny bits? And they were still able to discern them?

I vote for the "teeny teeny bits" option. By the time they're cooked, they'll be virtually invisible, but the flavor will be there. Just tell them they're bits of ginger.