🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Pear-Filled Cowboy Coffee Cake

110920_46

AJ -- I have all of the ingredients for your coffee cake on hand except for the wheat germ. Do you think an equal amount of almond meal would work here? Or do you have other suggestions? Can't wait to try this!

asked by EmilyC about 3 years ago
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Yes, that would work fine. Or how about roasting some rolled oats on the top shelf of your oven until they're just light brown? I might chop up them up a bit after they've cooled off, so as to get a bit of texture without it being too obvious. I'm so glad you want to make this! ;o)

AJ -- I just pulled this out of the oven and it smells divine! I intended to make it tomorrow but I couldn't wait. Plus, now I can have some for breakfast with my coffee! I ended up using oat flour in place of the wheat germ. I didn't have almond meal after all. Your suggestion about the toasted oats is a great one, too. I'll report back after the taste test in the recipe comments!