🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Gluten free crackers

Does anyone have a good recipe for gluten free crackers? The recipe I want to make calls for 1 1/2 cups flour. Thanks in advance!

asked by SKK about 3 years ago
With_ab

Gluten-free girl has some great ones here: http://glutenfreegirl.com...

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

SKK: I'd love see the recipe you're using. I've generally found that using a large amount of starch produces better gluten-free crackers (closer to 50:50 with regular flours). But it all depends on the type of cracker you're looking for.

Buddhacat

Thanks for getting my question more focused. The recipe is for Savory Cheddar and Parmesan Crackers here http://www.cookincanuck... I am a sucker for anything savory, Syronai.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

That recipe looks quite similar to the base for Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries. The Savouries call for 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup butter, 4oz blue cheese. No egg yolk, but that should only serve here to make them richer and to offset the drier cheeses used in these crackers. I'd leave the water out and only add it if the dough seems too dry. Then use this gluten-free flour mix (the ratio I use for the Savouries, adapted to replace 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour):
3/4 cup brown rice, amaranth, or sorghum flour (120g)
3/4 cup 3/4 cup sweet rice flour (120g)
3 Tbls tapioca starch/flour (25g)

The cup measurements are approximate; the gram measurements are accurate to the ratio I use. The pine nuts should also help hold them together, so it's possible you won't need as much flour as I use in the Savouries. You could try using a little less total flour to begin, then adding more as seems needed for the dough.

These look amazing, by the way. Let me know how they turn out! And bring me some. =)