🔎

Halloween Food

This is not a burning question, just a fun notification. In the latest People magazine, Ellie Krieger features a recipe for whole wheat "fingers" with almond slices for nails. Check it out!

Jampro
Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

I saw something similar with glossy red fingernails. Creepy!

3-bizcard

I went to people mag online and it wasn't there. I have to see this, will check out the magazine. Thanks

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

I made these for a Halloween party for my daughter and her friends when she was much younger and here is the recipe I used http://www.epicurious.com... Everyone was sufficiently creeped out, including me. I could eat them!

3-bizcard

Tvs5257_l Saw these from Martha Stewart, creepy and cool!

LucyS added over 2 years ago

These are so cute! Does anyone have other neat Halloween ideas? There are kids who trick or treat in my building for the first time ever and I am beyond excited.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

You are so great to be excited! Kids who are trick or treat age don't like creepy, and mom's insist on wrapped candy. Biggest success has been our family being in costume (not too scary) and kids coming in and picking out their own candy from bowls. We also took Polaroid pictures to give them - do they still have those?

LucyS added over 2 years ago

LucyS added over 2 years ago

LucyS added over 2 years ago

Sasha_with_ava
Sasha (Global Table Adventure) added over 2 years ago

Kazakhstan.img_6640 Lucy, here's a neat idea from Kazakhstan - Chak Chak... homemade noodles fried in butter and then tossed with sugar/honey mixture (it sticks together like rice krispy treats, but looks like brains!). They eat it in Kazakhstan at regular parties, but I think it would make a great Halloween treat.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

This is a neat idea and I am jealous you have been in Kazakhstan - I really want to go there!

LucyS added over 2 years ago

Whoa, apologies for so many postings... I kept getting an error message so I kept trying, and no delete button!

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Bevi, here are the grossest Halloween fingers ever! I don't think I could bring myself to even make them!
http://simplysogood.blogspot... Tried to upload a photo and the add image was having none of it!

Jampro
Bevi added over 2 years ago

Untitled_clipping Truly the creepiest of the creepy, SKK! I don't think we can upload, but I encourage checking these out.