Best mail-order citrus source?

I had mediocre fruit last winter from a Florida mail-order orange grove. Can anyone recommend a reliably good supplier?

asked by mainecook61 almost 3 years ago
Dsc_0048b

I like Countryside Citrus in Indian River County, FL. ( http://www.countrysidecitrus...) They are a smaller grower than some, and I really love their ruby red grapefruit. We buy bags-ful whenever we are there! I have no connection to them other than having been a customer for years and years when down in Vero Beach. I have also ordered from them and been very happy as well.

Summer_2010_1048

Thanks to you both. Was just about to ask the same question..Will try CC for gift I'm sending.

Susan.streit
carbonarasuz

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

www.localharvest.org is a great source to finding any type of produce that you'd like to order. You can read bios on the farms, and contact them directly. Every year I get ruby red grapefruits and page oranges from The Orange Shop in Citra, FL. They quite often offer free shipping, too. They pick the fruit on Saturdays or Sundays, and send it that Monday when in season. Absolutely delicious. I also get meyer lemons (and they threw in a few a kaffir limes this year!) from Lemon Ladies Orchard in Emerald Hills, CA.

Uruguay2010_61

Hands down, Uncle Matt's Organic in Florida. No one has a great variety of the most sweet citrus, and it is grown without pesticides and other chemicals.