🔎

• 5

• 4936

What should I do with uncooked pizza dough to save for later use? My standard recipe makes 3 pizzas. I'm only making one now. ;o)

So, what should I do with the remaining 2/3d? I don't need to make bread (as I just made a loaf this morning). I'd like to save it for more pizza on another day. Should I freeze the dough uncooked? Should I stretch, punch some holes in it with my fingers and then par-bake it, then freeze that? Thanks so much! ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only
Kandm

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I've frozen uncooked pizza dough with good results. I just put it in the fridge to thaw (in the morning, so it's ready for the evening) and it cooks just fine.

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

Just freeze it raw. Cut it in individual servings. Bag and freeze it. Put it in the fridge the night before and on the counter top a couple of hours before you use it.

In fact I'll leave it in the fridge for 2-3 days; it seems to develop a nice character with the long slow fridge rest.
It's also good for making calazones, meat pies, or bread sticks.

Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

The bread sticks...just roll out a square. Brush with lightly with egg wash..and press in some good crunchy salt.
Cut into strips and twist them and bake on a sheet pan. You could even press in some rosemary and black pepper in those too.

I routinely make more than I need and freeze the remainder double-plastic-wrapped portioned in the right sizes for times when I need to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Lambs' Ears and Honey added over 2 years ago

Freezing pizza dough is great, but you do need to be thinking ahead when you want to use it and I often fail with that. If you have the time, I'd suggest par-baking it in rounds, then it is just sitting there ready to go on short notice!