🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

How to cut fruit for cheese-stuffed caramel apples.

Recipe says, "as suggested by the picture," but there's no fruit in the picture. How can cheese stay in a section of fruit, pierced by a stick?

asked by magdance almost 3 years ago
Buddhacat

Where is the recipe you are looking at?

Kastcoverimage2

Sorry, I thought the question was connected to the recipe about which I inquired. It was called "A Riff on Caramel Apples" and was an entry into the "Fair Foods" contest.

Buddhacat

Thanks for giving me the recipe because I couldn't find it. You are so right, no pictures - how frustrating. And I read the recipe at least 10 times and couldn't get a picture in my head on how to cut the fruit. One possibility would be to cut and core the apricot and/or pear and slide the skewer into the heaviest part of the fruit. Then pour the caramel over the fruit and cheese and put on a rack to cool? Let's have other cooks weigh in on this one. Help!

Kastcoverimage2

Thanks. I'm going to try it with apple slices and look forward to hearing others' suggestions.