🔔
🔎

site speed

I tried emailing because I realize this may come across as another hotline complaint, but I haven't heard back. So...I find the site to still be functioning terribly slowly. I always found hotline, and previously foodpickle, to be slow (sorry), but I definitely think the problem has been exacerbated on the site in general since the revamp. And while it's better than it was the first week or so (thanks), it's still nowhere up to par with other sites that have seemingly as much content if not, in some cases, more. Is there a reason and can we expect things to move more quickly in the near future?

asked by ATG117 about 3 years ago

Hi ATG117, As you said currently the site is faster than it was last week and next week it will be faster than it is this week. We are committed to improving site speed unfortunately its not something that is going to happen overnight it will be a gradual process.

Funny enough, I was just going to stay that I stand somewhat corrected because hotline seems to be moving more quickly than I've ever seen it move. Still not speedy by any measure, but better than usual. Then again, perhaps this is due to the fact that, for east coasters, it's late on a Friday night i.e. use is down. Thanks for the response in any event! If I had a better understanding of how sites are constructed and maintained, perhaps I'd better understand the speed issues.

2011-03-07_18-28-41_870

Still very slow to load all pages for me...

Hi ATG117, There are many reasons why site speed varies yesterday's was a light day in terms of load so usage wasn't one of the reasons hotline got a bit faster. It was changes we made to make things faster.

Helen as I stated the site speed is a known issue and its something we are working on, it should gradually improve over time.

I have definitely found it to be better than it was when I first posted this. Thanks!