FREE Standard Shipping. TODAY: Up to 30% Off Gift Cards (limited supply). Shop Now »
🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries

120710f_463

Can the dough for "Fig and Blue Cheese Savouries" be frozen for later use? If so, should I roll/cut and then freeze? Or perhaps just freeze as a log and slice, then bake? Thank you so much!! ;o)

asked about 3 years ago

When I made this recipe I rolled it into a log and then chilled it and cut off disks to make the savouries. I use the cheapest blue cheese, the kind that comes in crumbles in a plastic container, because it doesn't make the dough too sticky. Freezing works perfectly and I like to keep a log handy for drop in guests.

Merrill

I love the frozen log method -- glad to know it works for this recipe!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Thanks so much! I am definitely going to put these in the queue. ;o)

I use Maytag blue cheese and the flavor is amazing. I roll out the dough between wax paper- put in the freezer, cut out discs with a biscuit cutter and then if necessary pop the sheet with the cut outs in to the freezer for easier removal. Then I put the discs in a ziplock and keep them in the freezer til ready to use- parchment the cookie sheet and put the frozen discs out - they become soft very quickly and then I put the bit of fig jam on top. This way- you can use them a last minute appetizer. They look so pretty - I have made then in the log method as well. These are SOOO good.