🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pear Rosemary Danish

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Pear Rosemary Danish" from hardlikearmour. It says:

"Combine sugar, salt, and rosemary in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30 to 60 seconds to further break up the rosemary, and infuse the sugar with the oil. Add the flour and process for 10 to 15 seconds."

asked by loubaby about 4 years ago

Please let us know what your question about that step is. Thanks!

Yes, afraid the computer screen jumped somewhere, lost the page and said Oh, the heck with it....I had to make it last night, but in the future, you say to infuse the sugar with oil.....where is the oil in this recipe?

It's not my recipe but what I think hardlikearmour is referring to is the oil from the rosemary. By processing the rosemary you are infusing the sugar with the rosemary oil.

Sdebrango is correct. The sentence should probably be reworded to say "Process an additional 30 to 60 seconds to further break up the rosemary, and infuse the sugar with its oil."