🔎

A question about a recipe: Pear Rosemary Danish

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Pear Rosemary Danish" from hardlikearmour. It says:

"Combine sugar, salt, and rosemary in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30 to 60 seconds to further break up the rosemary, and infuse the sugar with the oil. Add the flour and process for 10 to 15 seconds."

110920_134
Black_picture_small
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Please let us know what your question about that step is. Thanks!

Black_picture_small
loubaby added over 2 years ago

Yes, afraid the computer screen jumped somewhere, lost the page and said Oh, the heck with it....I had to make it last night, but in the future, you say to infuse the sugar with oil.....where is the oil in this recipe?

3-bizcard

It's not my recipe but what I think hardlikearmour is referring to is the oil from the rosemary. By processing the rosemary you are infusing the sugar with the rosemary oil.

Gator_cake

Sdebrango is correct. The sentence should probably be reworded to say "Process an additional 30 to 60 seconds to further break up the rosemary, and infuse the sugar with its oil."