🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Summer Heirloom Tomato Tart with Herb Crust

July_2010_to_sort_216

I have a question about the recipe "Summer Heirloom Tomato Tart with Herb Crust" from SallyCan. In the recipe, she uses a cup of cottage cheese for the filling. I am making this for a wide crowd thanksgiving and am concered that the non-discerning palates will find it bland. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subbing in some goat cheese but am totally new to tartland and am frightened and am not sure how to go about it.

asked by apsingh about 3 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

You could definitely substitute goat cheese here. Also ricotta or farmers cheese. You could also mix half goat cheese and half Greek yogurt. It's more forgiving than you think -- have fun!

Thank you Amanda, as ever!

2-11_016

I agree, goat cheese would be a fine substitute, and would add nice flavor. Any of the other cheeses Amanda suggested would be good too. No need for crippling fear! Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.