🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Summer Heirloom Tomato Tart with Herb Crust

I have a question about the recipe "Summer Heirloom Tomato Tart with Herb Crust" from SallyCan. In the recipe, she uses a cup of cottage cheese for the filling. I am making this for a wide crowd thanksgiving and am concered that the non-discerning palates will find it bland. Any suggestions? I was thinking of subbing in some goat cheese but am totally new to tartland and am frightened and am not sure how to go about it.

asked by apsingh about 4 years ago

You could definitely substitute goat cheese here. Also ricotta or farmers cheese. You could also mix half goat cheese and half Greek yogurt. It's more forgiving than you think -- have fun!

Thank you Amanda, as ever!

I agree, goat cheese would be a fine substitute, and would add nice flavor. Any of the other cheeses Amanda suggested would be good too. No need for crippling fear! Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.