🔎

It's November. Thanksgiving is on the horizon, and that's my favorite holiday because it's the best for food. We do Turkey Day up right and the next day, we throw an oyster roast for 50 people. We serve wine and beer, of course, but I'd love to have a signature cocktail for the oyster roast. Whatcha got?

The person with the best idea (as declared by me) will get an invitation. We're in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, if that matters.

Me_by_barbara_tyroler
1390710_10151917400148928_1193325941_n_1_
Mr_Vittles added over 3 years ago

So a cocktail to go with roasted oysters? My first thought goes straight to something with sparkling wine. Something nice, I am thinking something like a Spritz: fill a flute 3/4 full with prosecco, an ounce of aperol or campari, top with soda water, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, garnished with a lemon slice.

I'm a total Thanksgiving contrarian. So for a cocktail I'll offer the French 75 which goes back to between the wars and named after a French artillery piece. Components are, gin, cointreau, sugar, lime juice, topped off with sparkling wine (which could be cava, prosecco, champaingne etc.). It's a good thing I don't cocktail anymore. But this will go well with oysters.

TiggyBee added over 3 years ago

How about this:

1 1/2 oz Citron Vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao
3 oz fresh lemonade
Lemon twist to garnish.

You could call it a Carolina 'Blue Point' Lemonade. I was never a bartender, but I think this will mix well.

Dsc00426
vvvanessa added over 3 years ago

i would do something involving gin and lemon, like an aviation.

...and be sure to remain upright.