A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche. What is the Nutritional information for this recipe?

-5

I have a question about the ingredient "Quinoa" on the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee.

asked by Pauline FitzPatrick over 2 years ago
Scan0004

The original recipe in Vegetarian Times does have nutrition numbers. On this recipe, look in the comments on some of the changes other people have made -- for me, most important was a substitute for the cheese to reduce fat and keep up flavor. You'll find that people on FOOD52 keep evolving these recipes, to suit taste or nutritional needs.

Thank you for your follow up and I'll go to Google and see what I can find out as well as Vegetarian Times. Many thanks for your help!

Hilary_sp1

Pauline, I would not use the Vegetarian Times recipe as your ultimate guide. I upped the eggs, which makes a larger pie and have excluded many steps, eliminated olive oil in some parts but adding it in others. It might be a starting point, but I really hacked at the Vegetarian Times recipe. If you are concerned about fat, you can omit the cream cheese, or sub neufatchel, goat cheese or another reduced fat, creamy cheese. A reader of my blog reported that she used reduced fat Boursin to good effect.

Generally, when I make this, I serve it as an entree with salad and/or soup. I usually get 8 good slices out of it, enough for ample leftovers which my husband generally takes to work or we have for breakfast.

Thank you! I can have Goats cheese so that might very well work out perfectly for me.

Scan0004

Add your answer here