If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love soup and stews, especially in the cold months. I created this when I received multiple heads of cauliflower in my CSA. I get really excited when I break out my favorite kitchen tool---the immersion blender. - mcms1974
Serves 6-8 as a first course
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, white and light green only, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cups skim milk
- 8-10 leaves basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a 6 quart pot melt the butter over medium. Add the leeks and shallots and saute unitil softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cauliflower to the pot. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer with the lid on for 20-25 until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender until very smooth. Add 1/2 cup milk. Use an additional 1/4+ milk if soup is too thick.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil. Lastly, stir in the romano cheese.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls