If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe is a mix of 2 things I love to eat-portabello mushrooms and asparagus. The reslt is creamy,
crunchy and a melt in your mouth savory dish. - love2bake
Baby Bella Asparagus Quiche with Goat Cheese
- 1 savory pie crust (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups baby bella (portabella) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Prepare pie crust and line a 9 inch tart pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a frypan and saute the mushrooms and shallot until mushrooms brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, half & half, cooked asparagus, cooked bacon, sauted mushrooms and shallots, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Crumble the goat cheese and stir gently into egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the gruyere on the bottom of the tart pan.
- Pour the egg mixture gently into tart pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until browned on top and firm.
- Cool and let rest for 10 minutes.
Savory Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add in cubed butter and process until crumbly.
- Add oil, 3 tablespoons very cold water, and lemon juice.
- Pulse until dough ball forms.
- Wrap in plastic, let rest and chill for 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)