Author Notes: My recipe is a mix of 2 things I love to eat-portabello mushrooms and asparagus. The reslt is creamy,
crunchy and a melt in your mouth savory dish. - love2bake
Baby Bella Asparagus Quiche with Goat Cheese
- 1 savory pie crust (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups baby bella (portabella) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Prepare pie crust and line a 9 inch tart pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a frypan and saute the mushrooms and shallot until mushrooms brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, half & half, cooked asparagus, cooked bacon, sauted mushrooms and shallots, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Crumble the goat cheese and stir gently into egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the gruyere on the bottom of the tart pan.
- Pour the egg mixture gently into tart pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until browned on top and firm.
- Cool and let rest for 10 minutes.
Savory Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix flour and salt in a food processor.
- Add in cubed butter and process until crumbly.
- Add oil, 3 tablespoons very cold water, and lemon juice.
- Pulse until dough ball forms.
- Wrap in plastic, let rest and chill for 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)