If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was bored, so just looked in my pantry and came up with this for lunch today. Really really yummy. The crust and crunch sandwich the softness of the apples and brie perfectly. - yella
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, in chunks
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 5 teaspoons cold water
- Mix flour and chopped butter in a large bowl, until the texture of the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated gruyere.
- Slowly sprinkle water over the flour mixture, one teaspoon at a time, making sure there is enough water to form the dough. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 45 min.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C) and roll the dough out into a 9-inch pie pan. Use a fork to prick holes in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
Brie, apple, and medjool crunch
- 1 green apple, as thinly sliced as possible
- 1 block of brie (200g) cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- First, make the medjool crunch in your food processor. Pulse together dates, hazelnuts, almonds, and butter until the mixture comes together. It will look kind of like quinoa.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer on the gruyere crust. Drizzle the apples with the honey.
- Layer the thinly-sliced brie on the apples, then sprinkle the medjool crunch over the brie.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 F for 15 minutes, or until the brie has melted. Drizzle some honey on top and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.