If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Fresh ricotta is a standard staple in the Mediterranean cooking. After living on the Island of Malta for a year, I learned that fresh ricotta cheese can be used with just about any recipe! Here is one of my family’s favorites we created with leftover chicken. I also substitute fennel for the leeks and add red bell peppers for color. This is such a versatile recipe you can't go wrong!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Butter for coating
- Chive stems for garnish
- In large skillet melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add leeks, shallot and garlic; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk cream and eggs in a large bowl to blend. Add ricotta cheese and Swiss cheese to blend. Stir in chicken, salt , pepper and skillet mixture.
- Generously butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish or 6 individual dishes if desired. Preheat oven to 350. Transfer mixture to prepared dish.
- Bake gratin until bubbly and lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes for large and 25 minutes for individual. Garnish with chive stems.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta
A fish that's a wrap star
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Grilled cheese, please.
Put cake on a pedestal.