If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this from an old "Colorado Cache" cookbook, changing the contents and proportions somewhat. It is a very elegant recipe that tastes & looks much more complicated than it is! - kittychi99
- 3 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 4 Chicken Breasts, split, skinned, boned & flattened
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Champagne or White Wine
- 1/2 cup Cream (Half & Half)
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Mustard
- 24 Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Minced Tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 4 to 8 fresh Rosemary Sprigs for garnish
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until done & lightly browned on both sides. Remove Chicken to a warm, covered serving platter.
- Stir flour into the pan drippings with a whisk. While whisking, gradually add chicken broth, wine and light cream. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens & bubbles. Stir in the mustard.
- Turn heat to low, return the chicken to the skillet, add taragon and rosemary, cover & heat for about 10 minutes, making sure the sauce does not get too thick. (If it does, add more wine or chicken broth).
- Garnish with tomatoes and some fresh rosemary sprigs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken with Mustard