If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was inspired by a former classmate of mine and can be made with a combination of pretty much any dark leafy green. It's even delicious leftover and straight out of the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or veggie stock
- 2 bunches kale, ripped from stems into bite size pieces, blanched and shocked
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin along the grain (saute slice)
- 2 large or 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and medium dice (1/2"x1/2")
- salt, to taste
- Heat 10-12 in saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add oil or stock to heat. When oil/stock is hot, add onions. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally. They will get a little translucent and golden in color.
- Add garlic. When fragrant. Add cumin. Stir for about 3-4 minutes until cumin has turned a darker shade of brown.
- Add tomatoes and stir into onions to incorporate. With the back of a wooden spoon, gently press down on the tomatoes so they release their juice. This creates a little saucy effect.
- Add mushrooms and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Salt, to taste and serve
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.