If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a crowd favorite in my house. The soup is thick because of the white beans, and warm with the butternut squash and rosemary. Bring on fall! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 6-7 bowls
- 30 ounces Cannellini Beans (canned)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1/4 pound Pancetta (diced)
- 1 sprig Rosemary (stems removed)
- 4 cloves Garlic (halved)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Shallots (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (rough chop)
- 1 Carrot (rough chop))
- 4 cups Homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the butternut squash in half, long ways and remove the seeds and pulp from the core. Rub some olive oil on in, and put it in the oven on a baking sheet. Let cook for about 30 minutes.
- After the squash has been in the oven for about 20 minutes, heat some olive oil and butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and let crisp up and brown a bit. Next, add shallots, celery, and carrots . Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to mirepoix and let cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add the rosemary and white beans to the mixture and let the beans soak up the flavors for about 5 minutes. Add a little more salt and pepper to the mixture,.
- Add all the stock to the pot, raise the heat and bring to a simmer. Add the garlic halves and let simmer for 10 minutes, until garlic is soft.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer bean mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Ladle a few spoonfuls of the soup mixture into a food processor, and a couple spoonfuls of the squash. Mix until smooth and return to the soup pot. Repeat until all the soup and squash have run through the food processor.
- Mix in the half and half and Parmesan cheese and keep on low heat until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Freeze It Right There
Frozen desserts like they're meant to be
All we want is frozen dessert.
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Your poolside essentials.
Recipe of the Day