If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this in Epicurious originally, I have changed it over the years. It just gets better and better.
I have a friend that is a teacher tell me she makes this on sunday evening and uses it for lunch at work every day and has lost weight because she is not tempted by the junk just knowing what is in her lunch bag. I also use this as a complete meal just as is when I want something good and light yet filling. —Fran McGinty
- 1 cup Black Quinoa
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Corn
- 3/4 cup Zucchini
- 3/4 cup Cucumbers
- 3/4 cup Chopped Tomato
- 3/4 cup Pea Pods cut to biet size pieces
- 3/4 cup Torn Spinach
- 1 to 2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Raw Asparagus cut to bite size
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Grated Carrot
- 1 or 2 Jalapeno seeded & Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse Quinoa well Cook Quinoa with 1&1/2 cup of water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt for 15 minutes covered until the water is absorbed. Set aside to cool. Add red wine vinegar and stir well Add all cut up vegetables and kidney beans that have been rinsed and drained set aside while making dressing This can be served cold or room temperature.
Dressing for Quinoa
- 5 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/3 cup Good Olive Oil
- Mix dressing Ingredients add to Quinoa salad with Vegetables
Tags: serves a crowd
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.