Author Notes: A delicious end of winter salad. - KitchenThymes
- 1/4 cup blood orange juice (from about 1 blood orange)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 blood oranges, peeled, sectioned
- 1 beets, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 ounces goat's cheese
- 9 ounces baby arugula, or other green
- Remove green tops from beets, add to a large pot and boil beets until a knife easily pierces center, about 30 minutes. Cool. Peel beets and cut into slices.
- Whisk orange juice, molasses, vinegar, olive oil and shallot in a large bowl. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Assemble salad as desired with remaining ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side