Author Notes: This is an amazingly delicious soup, which I first had in Australia. I like it hot or cold. I think it tastes much better if it has a day to rest in the fridge. - Broke and Chic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 leeks (white part), washed, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 bunches watercress, chopped roughly
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, leeks, and celery. Cook for around 15 minutes until they are soft but not colored.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Add the watercress and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the milk and about 2 ounces of sour cream.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Transfer to a large bowl, let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to serve remove the soup from the fridge and either re-heat over a low flame or pour into bowls. In a separate bowl mix the sour cream and horseradish, and season. Serve the soup with a dollop of the horseradish cream on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish