If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family does a traditional Polish Easter brunch every year - hardboiled decorated eggs, smoked ham, kielbasa, rye bread, and strong, strong horseradish sauce. We always have a lot of leftovers and this salad was my way of making something new out of them. It makes a good snack later in the day on Easter. - VanessaS
Serves 6, as a snack
- 3 eggs
- 4 heaping tablespoons freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 of a lemon, juiced
- 1/4 pound best quality thick sliced smoked ham
- 1/4 pound best quality kielbasa
- 1 loaf of mini rye squares, toasted
- Place the eggs in a small pot of water and bring it to a boil. Let it boil until it gets to the the point where the eggs are knocking around the pot for about 30 seconds, turn off the heat, and let the eggs rest in the water for about 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a medium bowl, mix the horseradish, mayonaise, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Dice the ham and kielbasa and add it to the bowl. Peel and dice the eggs and add them to the bowl. Mix it all together and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve the salad on rye toasts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.