If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While other nuts will take on some of the flavours of the core ingredients, soft, flat nuts like Walnuts and Pecans work much better than the harder ones (hazelnuts, almonds etc). This recipe was adapted from horseradish.org —Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup walnuts and pecans, raw
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon (saigon) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 210 deg C. Lightly oil a baking sheet and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dulce de leche, horseradish, orange and lemon zest and juice, cinnamom, cadamom and a pinch of salt - mix well, taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. The mixture should be loose and slightly runny.
- Add nuts to the dulce de leche mix and toss well to coat. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, turning occasionally and checking till the nuts are golden brown.
- Remove them from the tray and drain on a cooling rack till cold. Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
It's a little Spanish, a little Italian, and a lot wonderful
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Meet beaver tails.
A better basket.