If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This lasagna has no tomatoes - just lots o' bechamel, sausage, and mushrooms. —erinmcdowell
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- pinch cayenne
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, and saute until cooked through, using your spatula to break it up into small pieces.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with wine, and simmer until the liquid has been completely evaporated. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs, and reserve the mixture.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Stir in the flour, and cook for a few minutes more. Gradually whisk in the milk – whisk constantly to be sure there are no lumps.
- Cook the bechamel until its thick enough to coat the back of a spoon – season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Remove form heat and set aside.
- Begin layering the noodles in an individual loaf pan or a small casserole. Spread a layer of bechamel on top of the noodles, and top with a layer of the sausage-mushroom mixture.
- Repeat until all the noodles and filling are used, finishing with a layer of bechamel on top. Top generously with grated cheese.
- Bake the lasagna until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is golden, about 20-30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms