If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I WRECKED MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO COOK GOOD FOOD I COULD ENJOY BUT NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT EATING LATER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WOULDN'T EXTEND MY GROCERY BUDGET. ONE DAY I CAME HOME FROM WORK AND DECIDED I WOULD USE ONLY WHAT I HAD ALREADY. EVERYTHING IN THIS RECIPE IS PANTRY, FOOD BASKET, AND "LIVE LONG" FRIDGE (CHEESE) INGREDIENTS. - spicyT
- ½ large red onion
- ½ cup diced red cabbage
- 1 ½ cups diced button mushrooms
- 1 diced roman tomato
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (cooked)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic (from jar)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup store brand spaghetti sauce (mushroom & onion)
- 1 box (13.25oz size) whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 ½ cup of ricotta cheese
- Add all ingredients except spaghetti sauce and pasta to a med-high heat skillet (coated with olive oil) and cook on med-high heat stirring consistently until cabbage is soft. When cabbage is soft, add spaghetti sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes more then remove from heat. Add 1 Tbsp of butter to skillet then stir once or twice. Bring 4 cups of water with a pinch of salt, 1 Tbsp butter, and olive oil to boil, add pasta and cook (stirring occasionally) until pasta is tender. Strain pasta. Place back in boiling pot (all water removed) and add cheese. Toss pasta & cheese then add skillet contents. Toss pasta and veggies, place back in skillet (because a skillet just looks nicer…especially cast iron) and enjoy with toasted bread of your choice. ENJOY! For Meatlovers…. Top finished pasta with a few thin slices of your leftover roast pork, or lamb….wonderful!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls