Author Notes: I make this when company comes to visit. It can be prepared the night before and just thrown in to the oven in the morning.That way I get to spend the morning time enjoying company over a cup of tea or coffee. I prepare it just up to the point of adding the eggs. I wrap each dish separately and in the morning add the eggs and bake. - Fran McGinty
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cooked bacon or ham
- 1/2 cup home made broth (or reduced sodium)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated swiss or cheddar cheese
- Melt butter
- Saute Onion in melted butter Approximately 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms to onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add bacon or Ham and saute 2 minutes
- Add broth and cook 3 minutes on Medium heat.
- Divide Onion and Mushrooms into 2 well oiled oven proof Ramekins. Break 2 eggs into each dish. or scramble 2 eggs into each dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- remove from oven, top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Tags: serves a crowd