If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this when company comes to visit. It can be prepared the night before and just thrown in to the oven in the morning.That way I get to spend the morning time enjoying company over a cup of tea or coffee. I prepare it just up to the point of adding the eggs. I wrap each dish separately and in the morning add the eggs and bake. - Fran McGinty
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cooked bacon or ham
- 1/2 cup home made broth (or reduced sodium)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups grated swiss or cheddar cheese
- Melt butter
- Saute Onion in melted butter Approximately 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms to onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add bacon or Ham and saute 2 minutes
- Add broth and cook 3 minutes on Medium heat.
- Divide Onion and Mushrooms into 2 well oiled oven proof Ramekins. Break 2 eggs into each dish. or scramble 2 eggs into each dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- remove from oven, top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
9 Ways to Celebrate the Birth of the Royal Baby
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
Fresh beer, anywhere.
Garden Mule Cocktail
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!