If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a breakfast dish that makes the combination of mushrooms and steak shine. It is also probably the kid's favorite option for dinner around my household. But, they are both huge mushroom fans. - Tony S
- 2 ribeye steaks or 1 big enough to feed 4 people
- 1.5 lbs. mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. minced fresh chives
- 4-8 eggs (depends if you want 1 or 2 eggs per person)
- 1 loaf quality bread such as sourdough
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season steak(s) with salt and pepper, bring to room temperature.
- In a pan over high heat, Sear both sides of steaks in a heavy bottom saute pan.
- Remove steaks and transfer to oven to finish cooking. Do not rinse pan!
- Using same pan over medium high heat, add a bit of olive oil or butter. Saute mushrooms until browned.
- Add shallot, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper to mushrooms and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze mushrooms with white wine, scraping fond from bottom of pan.
- Once wine has evaporated, add cream to mushroom/shallot/thyme/garlic mixture. Reduce to the sauce consistency desired. Sprinkle in chives.
- Slice thick pieces of bread (1 slice per person) and toast both sides.
- Poach or fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from oven and slice after resting.
- To plate- place toast on bottom of plate, top with slices of steak, spoon creamed mushroom mixture on top, and finally top with poached/fried eggs. Serve with hot sauce for those that like a kick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns