Author Notes: Today I took a bike ride to the fishmonger, who recommended a nice piece of Arctic Char. He packed it nicely in ice, and I ventured home. On the way, I passed a sugarhouse in full operation. Here is the mingling plus a few items I pulled out of the vegetable bin. - Bevi
- 1 1/2 pound Arctic Char fillets
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 handful Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup salted and roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour the wine in a small baking dish, and place the fish in the dish.
- Pour the citrus juices and sprinkle the zests directly over the fillet(s). Sparingly drizzle the maple syrup over the fish. Finish off with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place the fish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley, almonds, and garlic and mixing well.
- When the fish is done to your liking, plate it and spoon the sauce over the fish, as well as pooling remaining sauce onto the platter. Place some gremolata directly onto the pool of sauce so as to capture some of the citrus notes of the sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe