If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this recipe wanting to tie the bold flavors of coffe with the sweetness of brown sugar to create a rub that is great on Seafood, Steak, or Chicken. My favorite combination was with the scallops. —UncChar
- 2 ounces Applewood smoked bacon (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 shallots (brunoise)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (minced)
- 2 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces honey
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 juice from 1/2 lemon
- to taste black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 U-10 scallops
- 4 cups baby spinach with mixed greens
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces butter
- Render fat from bacon.
- Add the garlic, shallot, and ginger. Heat until fragrant.
- Deglaze with cider vinegar, then add honey, olive oil, and lemon.
- Season with pepper.
- Toss greens and spinach in vinaigrette.
- Pat scallops dry.
- Lightly dredge with flour. In a seperate bowl mix together brown sugar, instant espresso, or coffee, ground coriander, cumin, ginger, red pepper chili flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Sear one side in pan with hot oil.
- Flip and rub small amount of espresso mixture on top.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add butter and finish cooking scallops in a 400 degree oven. About 5-7 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coffee