If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 medium squash, cut into one-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped coursely
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to tase
- fresh dill
- Cook squash and onion in broth over medium high heat until tender-about 15 minutes.
- Puree the contents of squash, onions and broth in blender. Do in small batches, as to not burn yourself with the hot liquid.
- Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add the half and half. Cook on medium low for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove one cup of the mixture and pour in a separate bowl. Slowly wisk in the sour cream to the separate bowl, as to not curdle the soup. Return the soup/sour cream mixture to the pot.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Distribute between bowls and sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For