If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pie can be filled with all kinds of vegetables, meats, sausages, mushrooms and cheeses. I even used this batter for a deep dish pizza. —Kukla
Ingredients for the batter:
- • 1 cup all purpose flour
- • 1 cup sour cream
- • 1 cup mayonnaise
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- • 5 extra large eggs room temperature
For the filling:
- • • 1 medium cabbage head shredded
- • 1 medium onion sliced
- •1 medium fennel bulb or 4 small leeks thinly sliced
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • ¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- • ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- • ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- • 1 cup goat cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Butter and sprinkle with some breadcrumbs the bottom of a 12by 71/2 casserole or glass baking dish. In a large bowl mix cabbage, onion, fennel or leeks, lemon juice, parsley, dill, salt and pepper set aside.
- To another bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda. In a large mixing bowl, whisk sour cream, mayonnaise and lightly beaten eggs, fold in to the flour mixture. Pour 2/3 of the batter in the baking dish, then squeeze with your hands the excess moisture from the cabbage and fennel or leeks filling and spread it on top of the batter. Crumble goat cheese evenly over the top, and cover with the remaining 1/3 of the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the pie is golden brown and the sides are slightly pulled from the dish. Serve at room temperature.
- Cut cooled pie in 12 portions, wrap each slice in wax paper, pack in a food container and enjoy with your family or friends.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.