Author Notes: Spring in Alabama is so beautiful. As everything turns green and the tomatoes begin to grow in the garden, my creative side is revived and inspired. I wanted to do a fresh couscous salad that really highlighted spring peas. Enjoy the weather and dig in to this lovely spring salad. - Table9
- 1 cup (6 oz) Couscous
- 1 3/4 cup Vegetable of Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas, Shelled
- 1 cup Fresh Sugar Snap Peas, Trimmed
- 3 Small Lemons, 1 Zest and 2 Juiced
- 1 Fresh Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint, Minced
- Splash of Olive Oil (garnish)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil add green peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and run cold water over beans to refresh. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring to a boil 1 3/4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock. Remove from heat.
- Rinse out the large saucepan used for the beans, and melt 1 butter on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until transparent.Add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add couscous and coat well. Pour warm chicken stock over couscous, cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- luff couscous with a fork and to it the green peas, snap peas, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, mint, cumin and salt. Combine and serve with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe