If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One summer we were having a family BBQ and I had a lot of extra local Jersey corn on the cob, tomatoes and peppers & thought it would make an interesting salad. This recipe was actually inspired by an Israeli salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumbers.This corn salad is so colorful, easy to make and very refreshing. —Joy Betesh
- 5 ears of corn
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 orange pepper diced
- 1/2 english cucumber unpeeled diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 scallions diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime zested
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Cook the corn either in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or you can microwave for 2-3 minutes. Slice the corn off the cob and place the kernels in a large mixing bowl. Add all the chopped vegetables, including the cilantro and parsley.
- In a small mixing bowl or food processor mix the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and salt. Pour the dressing over the chopped vegetables and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.