If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a wonderful melding of ingredients for any young Spring green, including watercress, baby lettuces, and this combination. I tasted a similar salad in a restaurant in Truro, Mass. and have loved it ever since. —Bevi
- 2 large handfuls young pea shoots
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped and roasted pistachios
- 12 pieces thinly shaved Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste for the vinaigrette
- Wash the greens and dry them very throughly. Place them in a mixing bowl. Add the pistachio nuts and the cheese.
- To the lemon juice, add the honey and mix together thoroughly. Then whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly and carefully toss. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.