Author Notes: This is a wonderful melding of ingredients for any young Spring green, including watercress, baby lettuces, and this combination. I tasted a similar salad in a restaurant in Truro, Mass. and have loved it ever since. - Bevi
- 2 large handfuls young pea shoots
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped and roasted pistachios
- 12 pieces thinly shaved Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste for the vinaigrette
- Wash the greens and dry them very throughly. Place them in a mixing bowl. Add the pistachio nuts and the cheese.
- To the lemon juice, add the honey and mix together thoroughly. Then whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and lightly and carefully toss. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe