If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some lamb burgers a couple months ago at a nearby restaurant that was just a killer combo. I've been experimenting with my version ever since. It's great on lamb, pork and beef. Or just all by its lonesome. —TheWimpyVegetarian
Food52 Review: Peppers, tomatoes and vinegar cook down into a glittery, ruby-red jam with just enough brown and white sugar for sweetness. This is a one-pot condiment at its finest -- just throw everything together and simmer. Great on a sandwich, a burger or enjoyed with a cheese plate. - broccolirose —broccolirose
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 large tomatoes (2 cups when grated)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (1 solidly packed tablespoon when minced)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped (2/3 cup when chopped)
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 -1/4 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put a very wide-mouthed pot on the stove. I used a Le Creuset large casserole pot that's about 12" in diameter. This is important, otherwise the mixture won't boil down very well.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and grate them on a rough grater to remove the skins. You should get about 2 cups grated tomatoes when done. Throw them in a wide mouthed pot with the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to an active simmer and cook until thick and syrupy (about 45 minutes). Let cool to room temperature before using to let the jam thicken and the flavors to meld. Refrigerate, assuming it lasts longer than 1 meal.
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.