If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: So far, Spring in our garden has only brought Swiss Chard, herbs, jalapenos and the small tomatoes (nothing else has ripened). We tossed this salad together for our dinner and enjoyed the first "harvest". Mother's Cafe & Garden (Austin) has a Cashew Tamari dressing that inspired me to try it with almonds. The dressing will keep, but the almonds will not be as crunchy. - nannydeb
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds
- 6-8 cups Swiss Chard, washed, dried, stems removed and torn/chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2-1/3 cup cherry, grape or pear tomatoes, cut in half
- Manchego cheese for shaving on top
- In a food processor, combine sherry vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic and honey and blend until garlic is minced. Add salt & coarsely ground black pepper to taste. Add almonds and pulse blend until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the Swiss Chard and tomatoes with as much of the dressing as you desire. Shave Manchego cheese on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe