If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These small, flavorful peppers are a staple in Spain's many tapas bars and the reason is simple: they're addicting! Most of them are on the milder side, but in every batch you'll get a few that will get you reaching for the extinguisher. Well, an ice cold beer, at least. I was so excited yesterday at the Wednesday's farmers market to find these little gems that I bought 2 pounds! The preparation couldn't be more basic: olive oil, sea salt and sauté. I made one pound of them plain and the other, I made with a tiny bit of garlic, chopped prosciutto ends and a few good splashes of Spanish sherry vinegar. Either way, they are amazing! —TiggyBee
Makes about 60
- 1 pound washed and dried padrón peppers
- 1 small clove finely chopped garlic
- 4 ounces chopped proscuitto or serrano ham
- extra virgin olive oil for sautéing
- sea salt to taste
- sherry vinegar
- Wash the peppers and blot them dry with paper towels. In a large skillet, add enough olive oil to coat the pan and place over high heat.
- Add the peppers to the pan and sauté until they are nicely blistered on both sides, shaking the pan or stirring during the process. When they're starting to blister nicely, add in the proscuitto or serrano and continue to sauté, adding the garlic last so it doesn't burn.
- Total cooking time is about 6 minutes, but if they are wrinkled and blistered before then, take them off the heat. While the pan is still hot, add in a few good splashes of sherry vinegar and sea salt to your taste. Grab an ice cold beer and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Recipe of the Day
Corn, squash, cheese, done
Recipe of the Day
Show us your best vegan recipe.
We've got the summer blues.
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
A better basket.