If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever I have leftover cooked rice, I will turn it into a fast, healthy dish that can be on the table in minutes. Fried rice is an economic stir fried dish of diced meats, vegetables, eggs and rice. Baked pineapple fried rice is an alternative to the traditional Chinese style fried rice. It is not only mouthwatering but also very well appealing. - angelcafe
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cups leftover,refrigerated cooked jasmine rice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced chicken thighs
- 1 cup diced carrots and peas
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- white pepper to taste
- cliantro leaves and chopped green onion for granish
- Preheat an oven to 375 F.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and hallow out the fruit so that the shell can be used as a container. Put the pineapple shell into the oven for about 5 minutes to dry out the moist. Meanwhile, coarsely cube 1 cup of the pineapple fruit. Set the shell and the fruit aside.
- Heat the wok or the skillet in medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil, stir fry the garlic for about 30 seconds until the garlic is light golden brown. Increase the heat to high, saute the shrimp and chicken until both are cooked through. Set aside.
- Crack the egg in a bowl, briefly mix the yolk and the white with a folk, add a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the skillet in medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil, pour the egg into the skillet without stirring, cook until set about 30 seconds. Add the diced carrot, peas and the cooked rice. Break up any clumps of rice. Add the cooked shrimps, chickens, cashew nuts, raisins, chopped pineapples, soya sauce, sugar, fish sauce, coconut milk, stir fry until evenly seasoned.
- Cover the pineapple leaves with foil (so that they are not burn when bake). Transfer the rice mixture to the pineapple shell and baked until hot, about 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves and chopped green onion.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
11 Ways to Become a Little More French
Live la vie en rose.
Live la vie en rose.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A feast for the ears.
Take these foods to go.