If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a salad I made for my son who was cooking Umami burgers for us. We also had a fresh spinach salad with mrslarkin's green goddess dressing with ramps). This made for a wonderful meal. I have to confess this was the first time I have ever used ramps! As an avid fiddlehead forager, somehow I missed the calling to go on ramp tramps...but that will now change. —Sagegreen
- 4 ounces ramps
- 4 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 2 ounces thinly sliced vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- splash of olive oil
- squeeze of Meyer lemon
- pinch of Maldon salt flakes
- light drizzle of white truffle oil
- Cut the bulb of washed ramps into half inch pieces. Cut the greens into inch long segments. Separate the mushrooms. Set out the vidalia (or other sweet onion). Heat the olive oil. Begin to saute slowly the vidalia onion. Add the ginger. Next stir in the sliced ramp bulbs.
- After 3-4 minutes of gentle sauteing, add the oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or so. Lastly add the ramp greens to wilt. Take off heat. Squeeze the lemon juice over everything. Sprinkle the salt flakes on top. Drizzle just a tad of the truffle oil and serve.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.