Author Notes: Portland is big on food carts. One of my favorite carts is Perierra Creperie which makes amazing milkshakes in addition to yummy crepes. The shake I find myself craving is their avocado sea salt shake. This is my version. I hope you enjoy! - hardlikearmour - hardlikearmour
Food52 Review: Pull all thoughts of guacamole out of your mind when deciding whether or not to try this luxurious frosty treat. This shake has the creamiest, dreamiest texture imaginable and the slight hints of salt and coconut really put it over the top. I tried this with both ripe avocados and with ones that were still pretty firm. The batch with the riper avocados was richer and more buttery whereas avocados that were slightly under-ripe lent a fruitier note. I tried this with lemon and lime juice and both work well although, although I slightly preferred the lime juice. - smrtallie - alliecooks
- 1 & ½ small hass avocados or 1 large hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup coconut ice cream
- ¾ to 1 cup milk (or coconut milk beverage found in the dairy section of well-stocked grocery stores)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- Cut avocado(s) in half and remove the pit. Scoop the meat into a blender. Add the lemon juice, ice cream, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Taste, add more salt, and briefly blend if desired. Divide into 2 glasses, sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt, place a straw in each glass and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Tags: can be made ahead