If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tasty combo of apple juice, spritzed up with lime and the herbiness of mint. A throwback to a fresh juice drink I had at a Vietnamese restaurant with the three ingredients. A squeeze of lime just before a drink is a must - to my total surprise, my formerly fussy 2nd daughter downed 2 dainty Turkish tea glasses. The world is changing... —Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup fresh (cloudy) apple juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh (Morrocan) mint
- Juice of 2 limes
- Garnish - mint leaves, lime wedges
- In a saucepan, combine apple juice, sugar, chopped mint and lime juice. Gently heat, stirring till the sugar is dissolved. Then cover the pan and bring to the boil. Allow boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down. Once cool, strain and discard the mint leaves.
- To make up drink, place some crushed ice, if you have some in a glass, add the apple-mint-lime syrup and finish with some seltzer/soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf and a lime wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.