Author Notes: A tasty combo of apple juice, spritzed up with lime and the herbiness of mint. A throwback to a fresh juice drink I had at a Vietnamese restaurant with the three ingredients. A squeeze of lime just before a drink is a must - to my total surprise, my formerly fussy 2nd daughter downed 2 dainty Turkish tea glasses. The world is changing... - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup fresh (cloudy) apple juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh (Morrocan) mint
- Juice of 2 limes
- Garnish - mint leaves, lime wedges
- In a saucepan, combine apple juice, sugar, chopped mint and lime juice. Gently heat, stirring till the sugar is dissolved. Then cover the pan and bring to the boil. Allow boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down. Once cool, strain and discard the mint leaves.
- To make up drink, place some crushed ice, if you have some in a glass, add the apple-mint-lime syrup and finish with some seltzer/soda water. Garnish with a mint leaf and a lime wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe