If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer, I got a huge box of goodies, grown by my daughter's class. In this bountiful basket came anise hyssop blossoms. One simple syrup later, we're talking delicious, fragrant aniseed in a cup!
This idea builds on a couple of steps. First WinneAb (food52 extraordinaire) shares a recipe on her blog for poached fruit in an anise hyssop syrup (in a recipe similar to the Runaway's poached peaches in basil)....and then using her syrup idea, I made up my own! Standing on the shoulders of giants is how I like to think of it.... - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons anise hyssop flowers
- 1 cup water
- Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla pod
- Agave syrup, to taste
- Combine the anise hyssop flowers, water, vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons of agave syrup.
- Bring to a boil and allow to come to a boil. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cool, strain out flowers and squeeze (which can be rolled in caster sugar, left to dry and then blitzed to make a great anise powder!)
- Combine anise syrup with seltzer or ice cold water. If you love liquorice, you'll heart this!
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.