If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I think of summer in the South I think of peaches. As a child my great-grandmother always had peach ice cream on hand to serve the kids after they had successfully conquered the slip-n-slide. So, I thought why not create an ode to peaches recipe. I could think of nothing better than grilling beautiful Georgia peaches (felt a little like Paula Dean when I said that)! The sugar rub caramelizes on the outside of the peaches and then to add the cold vanilla bean ice cream with the honey-lime syrup on top...just pure heaven. Hope you enjoy this ultimate Southern summer dessert. - Table9 - Table9
Food52 Review: Unfortunately, since I can't get Georgia Peaches where I live, I used rather firm Italian peaches and even with those it was delicious and refreshing. The peaches reach a very nice consistency and are easy to slice and eat with a spoon. Keep an eye on them while grilling. When the ice cream melts it blends with the juices and it begins to look like a sunset. I spooned plenty of the fresh tasting lime and honey syrup onto the sundae and even sprinkled some more of the spicy sugar mixture on top. Table9's recipe is easy to assemble and it's even easier to eat a second helping. - h.c.r. - HCR
- 2 Beautiful Georgia Peaches, Halved and Pitted
- 4-8 Scoops Vanilla Bean Ice cream
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Lime, Zested and Juiced
- 2/3 cups Local Honey
- Fresh Mint Sprigs (optional garnish)
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to low. If using charcoal grill, prepare and let coals heat up.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger on a small plate. Brush the face of each peach with olive oil, then press the peaches cut-side down into the sugar mixture.
- Grill peaches, cut-side down for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the zest, juice and honey. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Slice each grilled peach half until it forms a boat for the ice cream, but not fully cut in half. Put a scoop (or two) of ice cream in the center of each peach. With a spoon drizzle the honey-lime syrup over the top of the dish. Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint and serve immediately before the ice cream melts in the hot sun.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe