If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect summer salad. Arugula, watermelon and avocado tossed with a spicy lime vinaigrette. Light and refreshing. - freshandfoodie
- 5 ounces arugula, washed and spun dry
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime (the juice of 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss the arugula and watermelon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Add cubed avocado to the vinaigrette and toss very (very!) gently. This step prevents the avocado from browning in the salad.
- Add vinaigrette and avocado to the salad bowl and lightly toss to combine. Top salad with freshly cracked pepper before serving.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.