If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's sweet, it's spicy and it's absoloutely addictive! Pick one or two of these skewers up and you won't be sorry you did! - SouffleBombay
- 2 pounds 21-25 count shrimp, cleaned with tails off (large or extra large)
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (or tablespoon) red pepper (depends of your heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients (except for shrimp) in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Split sauce into 2 bowls, one for brushing your cooking shrimp and one to use for a final brushing at serving.
- Skewer the shrimp, brush with some of the sauce, then grill over medium-high heat, keep basting the shrimp with the sauce until cooked. Depending on the size of shrimp you use about 2-3 minutes per side. Watch for flare ups...the honey and molasses with excite your grill!!
- If you are big into dipping shrimp in sauce make extra sauce...increase recipe by 50% and dip away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.