Author Notes: It's sweet, it's spicy and it's absoloutely addictive! Pick one or two of these skewers up and you won't be sorry you did! - SouffleBombay
- 2 pounds 21-25 count shrimp, cleaned with tails off (large or extra large)
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (or tablespoon) red pepper (depends of your heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients (except for shrimp) in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Split sauce into 2 bowls, one for brushing your cooking shrimp and one to use for a final brushing at serving.
- Skewer the shrimp, brush with some of the sauce, then grill over medium-high heat, keep basting the shrimp with the sauce until cooked. Depending on the size of shrimp you use about 2-3 minutes per side. Watch for flare ups...the honey and molasses with excite your grill!!
- If you are big into dipping shrimp in sauce make extra sauce...increase recipe by 50% and dip away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food