Author Notes: My favorite street food when I visit Paris is by far the Jambon-Beurre. French style ham, good butter, gruyere cheese, accented by a tiny bit of dijon - all on a crusty baguette. What more could you want! This sandwich can be made quite a bit ahead of time and travels well. - meganvt01
- 1 French baguette
- 1/3 pound French ham, sliced thinly
- 2 ounces aged gruyere - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons European butter
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Spread the softened butter on one side of the baguette. Spread the mustard on the other side (should be very thin).
- Add the sliced ham gruyere. Top with the other slice of baguette. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. This sandwich can sit for up to a day - and even improve - in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food