If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite street food when I visit Paris is by far the Jambon-Beurre. French style ham, good butter, gruyere cheese, accented by a tiny bit of dijon - all on a crusty baguette. What more could you want! This sandwich can be made quite a bit ahead of time and travels well. - meganvt01
- 1 French baguette
- 1/3 pound French ham, sliced thinly
- 2 ounces aged gruyere - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons European butter
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Spread the softened butter on one side of the baguette. Spread the mustard on the other side (should be very thin).
- Add the sliced ham gruyere. Top with the other slice of baguette. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. This sandwich can sit for up to a day - and even improve - in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food