If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Parked on one of the busiest streets in Brooklyn every weekend is a bright yellow food truck, Wafels and Dinge's. They make delicious Belgian waffles and serve in many different ways. They are crisp, fresh and just plain wonderful. They have a waffle ice cream sandwich which I really love this is my version, I used my biscuit cutter to make small rounds, here is a trio of the sandwiches one is made with homemade blackberry ice cream drizzled with blackberry basil syrup, one with Apricot jam spread on the waffle and vanilla ice cream and the other with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.Note: The waffle recipe is adapted from a Bette Crocker recipe (the difference in my prep is that I used melted butter instead of oil) The Blackberry Gelato/Ice Cream is homemade here is the link if you want to make it yourself :http://www.food52.com/recipes/12405_blackberry_gelatoice_cream
Please excuse the melted ice cream it was 100 degrees here today and even with AC I couldn't keep the ice cream intact. - sdebrango
- 2 Large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Ice cream of your choice
- Syrups and sauces of your choice
- For the Waffles: In large mixing bowl add your eggs and mix using a hand mixer until they are thick and foamy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Heat your waffle maker, pour some batter in make sure you leave about an inch from the edges I spread the batter fairly thin so the waffles would be on the thin side also I set the doneness to 6 on my waffle maker so they would get nice and golden brown. Bake until waffles are done (However your waffle maker lets you know mine whistles)
- Remove waffles and place on cooling rack,let them completely cool. When they are cool cut rounds using your biscuit cutter. Add a scoop of ice cream of your choice to each spread jam or drizzle syrup put on the tops, eat, enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
12 Recipes for a Stress-Free Week of Cooking